Random (halloranelder) wrote,

  • Mood:

What a weekend

Fairly good weekend actually. Got a lot of stuff done.

Friday morning the replacement 4 drawer kitchen cabinet and the new 3 door one was delivered. On Saturday morning I went back to the hardware store to buy some clamps (to make it easier for putting the drawers together) and put them together. They make a big difference to the storage of the kitchen, that's for sure.

The drawers you actually have to glue part of them together and that's why I bought the clamps. The drawers are not supposed to be used for 24 hours after being put together so I figured clamping them for that time should result in the glue making a very strong bond. However, I only had enough clamps to do two drawers at a time, so I put together two on Saturday and the other two on Sunday once the first two were done. When I get home tonight the final two drawers should be done and that will mostly be that.

The only problem was the drawers were missing one screw. I rang Summit (the company that makes them) and they are sending out a replacement screw. So I'll just have to be a bit careful of that drawer until it arrives. I've now actually managed to get the kitchen a lot better organised and it feels a lot more usable than it used to.

One of the other things I was meaning to do on Saturday was go to the gym, but after half an hour of driving around the car park trying to find a place to park I gave that up as a bad joke. Unfortunately weekends are going to be like that until after Christmas. One of the problems with going to a gym that's in a shopping centre.

The rest of Saturday was spent doing laundry, playing with the kidlings, ripping CD's and researching games.

Sunday I went to the gym, a lot earlier this time (about 10:30), and actually managed to find a park. However by the time I left it was about as bad as it had been the previous day, so it looks like early weekend gym trips are going to be the way to go for the next little while.

Then it was home again to get more stuff done around the house until Scott arrived. There were two sessions we were thinking about for The Brothers Grimm, either 3:50 or 6:30. Considering the parking issue at Indooroopilly we decided to skip the 3:50 session and got for the 6:30 one. So we just sat around the house chatting for a while.

Spitz of course hid under the couch the moment that Scott turned up. Eventually, since Scott wasn't doing anything scary he decided to pop out for a bit, then hide under the couch again, and then eventually he decided that Scott might be safe, so came out for the rest of the afternoon. He even deigned to give Scott a sniff!

As I said before, The Brothers Grimm was good. Two things annoyed me about it.

Firstly was the French accents. For some reason they pissed me off, I don't know why. To me they felt exceptionally fake.

The second thing was the movie didn't seem to be able to make up it's mind what style/genre it was. Sometimes it felt it was trying for almost horror, and other times it felt like an almost farce.

Overall a good movie though.

Then it was home, feeding time and getting ready for the working week after Scott went home.
Tags: cats, life, movies

  • Seeking a valid topic of conversation

    Events over the weekend got me thinking about dating. I have been on one date in my entire life, and I would not count it as being anything remotely…

  • Happy Birthday Dear Random...

    Today is Random's birthday. While I did the actual name change earlier in the year (24 January), the paperwork was made official on February 21,…

  • Three years on...

    While tomorrow may be my birthday, today marks the three year anniversary of the start of my diet. I have changed considerably in those three years,…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded